Sunday, November 9, 2008

#1 Is Making a Living with your Art possible?

I am sure many have wondered if making a living with your art is really possible. Of course, we all know of famous artists who have indeed succeeded, but can you? I have started this blog for many reasons. Mostly to reach out to other artists that share the same dream. My wish is that we can share knowledge, and possibly help each other succeed in living our dreams.
I believe that each and every one of us is an artist of some form. I personally have dabbled in many forms of art all my life.
I have actually been making a living with my art for over 26 years. Now, that doesn't mean I am what most would consider wealthy, but the most important thing to me, is to be doing what I am passionate about. And I am very passionate about my art, and I do everything I can to keep it going. Even if that means being a "starving artist"! (Rich is a state of mind!)

I plan to write about all I know about making a living with art, and I hope that others will comment and share what they have learned, or ask questions.
I hope you will enjoy reading my blogs, and return often!


Quote: "Every artist dips his brush into his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures" by Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: